When you suffer from IBD, UC, Crohn’s this can lead to a whole gamut of cascading problems which is important to be on the look out for.
Cascading problems such as:
- Malabsorption of nutrients, causing malnutrition (often undiagnosed)
- B12 Deficiency, which if it goes undiagnosed can lead to pernicious anemia
- Inadequate Vitamin D3 levels, leaving your immune system at risk
- Ineffective or low levels of good intestinal gut flora, putting your immune system at risk
- Bone Density Loss, Osteopenia, or Osteoporosis
- Problems with Concentration
- Improper Digestion
- Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Intestinal Permeability
- Extra-Intestinal Symptoms of Joint Pains, Skin Rashes, Eye Problems
- Depression and Anxiety
- And of course digestive issues of: Diarrhea, Constipation, Bloating, Gas, Cramping, Abdominal Pain, Distention, just to name of few of the many symptoms
Has your Doctor told you to be on the lookout for these Cascading Problems?
So, what can you do about these Cascading Problems?
1) By being proactive and being aware, you’ll be on the lookout for these problems before they occur
2) By being aware of these problems, you’ll be able to see the symptoms and know what they correlate to
3) By putting in place certain checks and balances, you’ll be in a position to assess these problems
4) By taking some simple steps, you’ll be able to pre-empt some of these problems
Now that you know which cascade of problems to be on the lookout for, what can you do to prevent them? Let’s get through each one, and see how to pre-empt them:
A) Malabsorption of nutrients, causing malnutrition (often undiagnosed)
B) B12 Deficiency, which if it goes undiagnosed can lead to pernicious anemia
C) Inadequate Vitamin D3 Levels, leaving your Immune System at risk
D) Ineffective or low levels of good intestinal gut flora, putting your immune system at risk
E) Bone Density Loss, Osteopenia, or Osteoporosis
F) Fatigue, and
G) Problems with Concentration
H) Improper Digestion
I) Leaky Gut Syndrome, and
J) Intestinal Permeability and
K) Extra-Intestinal Symptoms of Joint Pains, Skin Rashes, Eye Problems
L) Depression and Anxiety
The source of headaches, can be multi-fold: it could be a result of poor mis-combining of foods, and food intolerances as well.
If you address the food combining and still get headaches, it may mean an underlying food intolerance, which would require testing to see which foods do not agree with you and then elimination of those foods (see Testing, Food Safe AllergyTest, below)
Food Safe Allergy Test
Has it ever occurred to you that fatigue, weight gain, abdominal discomfort, headaches, even aging skin could be due to a food allergy? Consideration of food allergy is a critical component of any comprehensive approach to good health.
The Food Safe Allergy Test measures your sensitivity to certain foods from an antibody-mediated immune response. The antibody measured in this test is IgG. This test does not measure the dangerous rapid-acting IgE food allergies.
The Food Safe Allergy test comes conveniently packaged as a kit. It requires a “finger stick” blood spot to be collected and shipped directly to the laboratory in a pre-paid envelope. All necessary components for the “finger-stick” are included in the kit with a complete set of instructions for easy collection.
Some medications, including but not limited to asthma medications, acid reducers, anti-inflammatory/analgesic drugs, antihistamines and immunosuppressants may influence the results of this test. Please check with your doctor before ordering.
The Food Safe Allergy Test is comprised of these 95 common foods:
|Orange Roughy||American cheese|
|Red Snapper||Cottage cheese|
5 out of 5 stars,
Results surprised me
“I did the food allergy blood test out of curiosity. I was shocked that the results showed that I should avoid 14 food, including eggs, cheese, corn, yeast, wheat, shrimp and milk. I eat these things all the time. I guess I will have to figure out what to do next, as it will be hard to stop all these things – I know there are alternative products on the market. I can’t say that I have an obvious reaction to any food. That’s why I was surprised at the results.” – Bernadette from Trinidad
I think it’s very important to be aware of these Cascading Problems, and specifically, Headaches, so that you can be pro-active and to pre-empt further problems. It’s unlikely your doctor has made you aware of these.