Multi-Strained Probiotics, Floracor-GI
VSL #3 Probiotics
With the increased popularity of Probiotics, there are many to choose from, and all they contain various live strains of good bacteria – most of them contain anywhere between 35 million bacteria to 60 billion bacteria. In a perfect world, if you can get your doctor to write you a prescription for VSL #3 DS (double strength), it would be very effective and probably only cost you a small copay. However if you have to purchase out of pocket VSL#3, it is very expensive, and frankly un-affordable for most people. So, if you fall into the latter group, I would recommend you try an excellent Probiotic, called Floracor-GI Probiotics (see below), as it is a very effective, multi-strained, great quality, and very affordable Probiotics (I use them too).
How does VSL#3 work?
VSL#3® is a high-potency medical food probiotic consisting of live freeze-dried lactic acid bacteria. Each dose contains 450 billion live lactic acid bacteria per packet in defined ratios of lyophilized Bifidobacterium breve, Bifidobacterium longum, Bifidobacterium infantis, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus paracasei, Lactobacillus bulgaricus, Streptococcus thermophilus.
The human gastrointestinal (GI) system is populated by thousands of billions of beneficial bacteria that act as a protective barrier throughout the GI system. These bacteria perform a variety of important biochemical functions from enhancing the protective intestinal barrier to modulating intestinal inflammation by reduction of the pro-inflammatory cytokines IL-1α, and reducing colonic permeability, and enhance barrier function.
Under some conditions the number of pathogenic (“bad”) bacteria in a person’s intestines can begin to outnumber the good bacteria. Numerous studies have implicated the overgrowth of pathogenic bacteria in certain intestinal disorders.21,40 Studies have shown that patients with ulcerative colitis (UC), irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), or an ileal pouch tend to have a decreased concentration of beneficial bacteria.4,14,52 This deficiency could lead to more flare-ups and issues with diarrhea, frequency, and urgency.
VSL#3® is the only medical food that can restore beneficial intestinal bacteria in UC, IBS and pouch patients with optimal quantities and types of beneficial bacteria.
VSL#3® has been the subject of extensive clinical research in the dietary management of ulcerative colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, an ileal pouch, and several other clinical conditions.
VSL #3 is very expensive, and if it isn’t covered your insurance, it may be un-affordable. For this reason, I have researched another Probiotics product, which I personally use, which has been very effective, it is called: Floracor-GI Probiotics.
Multi-Strained Probiotics, Floracor-GI
What is Floracor-GI Probiotics?
Floracor-GI® is a revolutionary blend of probiotics, prebiotics and enzymes especially formulated to help maintain a proper balance of intestinal microflora, inhibit pathogenic bacteria and prevent the overgrowth of yeast organisms, mainly Candida.*
Candida albicans is usually a harmless yeast present in the body. However, stress, in the form of modern lifestyles, hormonal imbalances, excessive sugar consumption, environmental pollutants, and pharmaceutical drugs, including antibiotics and oral contraceptives, can wreak havoc on the proper balance of microorganisms in the gastro-intestinal tract.
Candida, being an opportunistic organism, will flourish under these adverse conditions. And when Candida is anchored to the intestinal tract, intestinal leakage and immune disorders may result.
Candida removal is the logical first step toward effective intestinal cleansing. The protease enzyme Serrapeptase and enzymes like Cellulase and Chitosanase attack the outer cell wall of Candida yeast, weakening its hold on the intestinal mucosa and reducing their viability.
Floracor-GI distinguishes itself from other intestinal cleansing formulas in the following ways:
- Chitosanase is a unique and powerful enzyme that helps to break down chitin, an important part of the structure of the Candida cell wall. Cellulase enhances this activity by breaking down the cellulose component of the cell wall.
- SEBiotic® is a special spore-forming probiotic that is incredibly stable in the dormant state. Using our Enhanced Probiotic Delivery System™(EPDS), this probiotic can exist in a dehydrated state indefinitely.
- EPDS™ delivers larger amounts of living bacteria into the intestinal tract, where they colonize and flourish. Once in the intestinal tract, these bacteria exit their spores, attach themselves to the intestinal mucosa, and begin to germinate, producing new colonies of friendly bacteria.
- Fructooligosaccharides (FOS), nutrient-dense alfalfa and papaya powder comprise a fortified prebiotic blend, which enhances the growth and stability of probiotics in the gut.
- High-activity proteases, including Peptizyme-SP brand serrapeptase, hydrolyze putrefying food matter trapped between the intestinal villi, which can cause sluggish digestion, bloating and an increase in toxins. These enzymes create a better intestinal environment, improved absorption, motility and better overall colon health.
Floracor-GI is a thorough and effective intestinal cleansing containing the following ingredients:
- Alfalfa Powder Promotes colon health and is a rich source of vitamins and minerals, and protein. It works well with prebiotics in promoting overall digestive health.
- Amla Also known as Indian gooseberry (Emblica officinalis); a natural and efficacious antioxidant, and one of the richest sources of absorbable Vitamin C.
- Papaya Juice Powder From green papaya; it is dehydrated at a controlled temperature to ensure its maximum nutritional value. Retains the natural proteolytic enzyme papain, which has been used for centuries as an effective digestive aid.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus Probiotic that produces lactic acid, which inhibits the growth of pathogenic bacteria and yeasts.
- Lactobacillus casei Probiotic that produces lactic acid and has a wide pH and temperature range; complements the growth of L. acidophilus in the production of the enzyme amylase.
- Lactobacillus bulgaricus Probiotic widely known to increase longevity; cooperates with L. acidophilus in creating a protective colonization in the intestinal tract.
- Lactobacillus plantarum Probiotic that works with L. acidophilus in inhibiting pathogens; also produces L-lysine, a beneficial amino acid.
- Lactobacillus brevis Species of lactic acid bacteria; prevalent in fermented foods such as sauerkraut and pickles; found to improve the immune system health.
- Lactobacillus caucasium Species of lactic acid bacteria used for its health-promoting properties.
- Lactobacillus helveticus Lactic acid producing rod shaped bacterium of the genus.
- Lactobacillus; most commonly used in the production of cheese. Some research indicates powdered milk fermented with L. helveticus helps reduce blood pressure.
- Bifidobacterium bifidum A probiotic well-documented for its adverse effect on pathogenic or disease causing bacteria; bifidobacteria aid in digestion, and are often used as probiotics (good bacteria) for their immune stimulating properties.
- SEBiotic (Bacillus coagulans or Lactobacillus Sporogenes) Spore-forming lactogenic probiotic with the trade name SEBiotic. As with other probiotics, it demonstrates significant immune strengthening properties. As a spore forming probiotic and through our Enhanced Probiotic Delivery System (EPDS), more SEBiotic is delivered to the gut where the bacteria begin to germinate, and eventually colonize.
- Saccharomyces boulardii Probiotic that helps maintain and restore the balance of microflora in the large and small intestine.
- Fructooligosaccharides (FOS) Short-chain sugars that stimulate the growth of probiotics in the digestive system.
- SEBiotic (Bacillus coagulans or Lactobacillus Sporogenes) Makes minerals bioactive and available to the cells of the body including probiotics. They stimulate metabolism, enhance respiration, increase metabolism of proteins, the activity of multiple enzymes, enhances the permeability of cell membranes and promotes cell division.
Multi-Strained Probiotics, Floracor-GI
“I suffer from candida and have tried several different products. My friend suggested I try her Floracor-GI while on a visit. INSTANTLY, within one hour I could feel it work. I continued 2 capsules morning and night for 3 days. My energy increased, my clarity and alertness increased. I highly recommend this product. Such a Godsend! Thank you AST!” – Jennifer, Campbell, CA
“A colon hydro-therapist recommended Floracor-GI to me. It’s been six months and it’s helped my overall body health. My bowel movements weren’t regular, and I was fatigued often. I found that Floracor made a huge difference in my bowel health. I actually have just overall felt better. My mood is better. I have more energy. I noticed a marked improvement on several levels so I continue to take Floracor.” – W.N. – New York
Where do I buy my Floracor-GI Probiotics?
I get my Floracor-GI Probiotics from Here
To Get Your $10.Off Coupon, any variety and any size Urthbox, Use code: SUMMERSNACKS (through June)